Monday, March 8, 2004

NEA Ties to Al Qaeda Unearthed

U.S. Education Secretary Rod Paige thought he was joking when he called the National Education Association a "terrorist organization" two weeks ago. Today, the FBI announced that they have been investigating ties between the NEA and terrorist organization Al Qaeda for nearly three years.

"I was floored when the FBI contacted me two days after I made that comment," Paige told reporters. "They accused me of blowing their cover, and threatened to send me to jail. I explained to them that it was just an expression of my frustration with the NEA, but it took five hours to convince the FBI."

FBI Director Robert Mueller has refused to comment further on the terrorist ties of NEA, saying only that the investigation is "ongoing" and that arrests are "imminent". NEA officials vehemently denied any terrorist activities or connections, insisting that their organization is "clean" and that the investigation will find nothing.