Sunday, July 20, 2003

Wife Buys New Outfit; Already has Matching Shoes

Husband Stunned

Irvine, CA - A local man is in disbelief today after his wife returned home from a shopping trip for new clothes, and announced that she already has shoes to match her new outfit.

Adam Howard, 25, of Irvine, CA thought it was just another typical Saturday afternoon. "Boy was I wrong," he explained. "Kim returned home from a trip to the department store, and modeled her new outfit for me. And then she laid this shocking revelation: 'I already have shoes to go with it!'"

"I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. All I could say was 'What?'. So she repeated it, and I was just, like, stunned. I didn't know what to say."

It took Adam a few minutes to fully comprehend what was happening.

"It's just, amazing. She has to have 30 pairs of shoes," explained Adam. "Maybe 50, I don't know. I don't look in her closet that often. All I know is that every time she comes home with new clothes, she always says that she needs new shoes to match it."

Adam compared notes with his friends, and they too have never heard such words uttered by a woman. Kim feels that Adam is blowing this all out of proportion.

"Adam just doesn't get it," Kim told Byzantine News reporters. "You can just match any old shoes; even the most subtle difference in shoe style, shape, or color could totally ruin an outfit. But in this instance...I have shoes that fit those exact qualities that this outfit needs."