Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Nader outraged by ''This Land Is Your Land'' political satire web cartoon

Go to JibJab.com"Why ain't I in it?" Nader demands of the creators, the Spiridellis brothers, who have this three minute long cartoon song and dance posted at their website JibJab.comHeralded as this weeks fastest-spreading non-virus email, people around the country are sharing the link to this web parody of President George Bush and presidential-hopeful John Kerry.

Ralph Nader has objected to the widespread viewing of this cartoon, because it purports to show America it's choices for the November election, but it leaves out the Nader Choice™.

"I have a strong following among young people with technological skills," Nader said to a reporter. "Given the blueprints for this web cartoon, I'm sure we could work in some images of me, and Peter Camejo too."

Nader even offered up some suggested lyrics for his refrain in the song:

This land is your land

This land is my land

I really want to

Get e-lected.

Please vote for me,

I'm really the best shot we got.

This land should really vote for me.


Many Nader supporters are complaining of disenfranchisement, because the Republican and Democrat candidates are getting free exposure from this video, but their man is nowhere to be found. "I don't know if it's illegal to make a video like this, leaving out a major presidential contender," says Melanie, one Nader supporter, "but it should be."

When asked if the Libertarian candidate should appear in the video as well, Melanie replied that Libertarians are stupid and should go jump off a bridge.